Microsoft 365 and Office Installation
- Go to office.com/setup and Sign In.
- Use Microsoft Account to Sign In.
- Create a new Account If you don’t have one.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Select your Country and Language.
- Click Install Office next to your Subscription.
- Select your Office to Download Office.
- Save and Run Office installation.
- Click Yes to begin Installation.
- Wait for Office to Install.
- Click Close Once the Installation is Complete.
office.com/setup, What is it?
office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup is a webpage used to setup Office and Redeem your Product key. You can visit office.com/setup from any browser on mobile, computer, or Tablets to access it. You will need a Product key and a Microsoft Account to Sign In.
Device Compatiblity for Office
You might be worried or thinking if your device is compatible with Office 2019 or Microsoft 365. Well, Microsoft Office is compatible with almost all the devices that are present in the market today. Though there might be runtime errors on some older devices, alternate versions will run on your older device. There is an option on how to set up and Install Office. The easiest and the quickest way to check the Office compatibility is by logging in to www.office.com/setup.
Here are the instructions on how to setup and Install Microsoft 365 and Office 2019 by signing into your Microsoft Account and Redeeming the Product key.
With Product key at office.com/setup:
Go to office.com/setup and Sign In.
Open your browser and Go to office.com/setup and click on the Sign In button.
Use Microsoft Account to Sign In.
Enter your Username, Email, or Phone number and click next.
You can use your Microsoft Account associated with any Microsoft Service like Skype or Xbox.
Enter Password when prompted and click next.
Create a new Account If you don't have one.
If you are new to Office, You can click On the Create a New Account button and create a free Microsoft Account.
Enter your Product Key.
If you have purchased Office from a local store and you have a retail box or card, your product key will be on the back of the card. If you have not received a box or retail card, your product key will be available in your email. Enter Product key without Hyphens and click Next.
Select your Country and Language.
If Prompted, Select your Country or Langauge according to your Preferences.
Skip this step if not prompted.
Click Install Office next to your Subscription.
Once your Product key is activated and added to your account. On your Account page, click Install Office Button.
Select your Office to Download Office.
From the Dropdown, Select your preferred Office version and the Office setup Download will begin.
Save and Run Office installation.
Depending on your browser Save and Run the Office Setup file.
Click Yes to begin Installation.
Depending on your browser Save and Run the Office Setup file.
Wait for Office to Install.
Once the installation begins, It may take few minutes to install Office.
Click Close Once the Installation is Complete.
Installation is complete and you can now click close button and Open any Office app to use it.
How to manage your Office Account
If you are a First-time office user and you want to manage your Office Subscription. You need to visit www.office.com/myaccount and log in to your Microsoft Account that you have used to purchase Microsoft Office.
Once you have logged in to your Microsoft Account, You will be able to view your Subscription, Change the billing, change your Password, and all the other details that you want to change with it.
Using Office for the first time
Follow the step’s below to set up the Microsoft Office:
- Click the Start button.
- From here, Open any Microsoft Application you want to use.
- A licensing agreement appears.
- Read the license and select “I agree.” If agreed.
- Sign in with your Associated Office Account to Activate your Office.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based service that provides Office applications and cloud-based services monthly or annually. There are many different subscription plans – for home users, small and medium businesses, large companies, schools, and non-profit organizations. Some of these plans include traditional Office applications (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) that you install on your computer – others do not. It is important to note that Office 365 offers web-based access to traditional applications (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and a wide variety of other web-based applications and services, such as Teams, Yammer, Stream, Sway, and many more.
All Office 365 plans include up to 1 TB of cloud storage, Office Online (web-based versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the full functionality of Office mobile apps, continuous updates of new features, security fixes and continuous technical support.
- You don’t have to pay in advance; you can spread the cost.
- You can align the cost of Office to the actual number of employees you have at any time. If people are joining, leaving, or temporarily working, you can provide Office as needed.
- Each user can Install Office on 5 devices.
- You have a much richer offering with numerous cloud-based tools that enable a new way of working, online and mobile Office applications, and continuous updates with innovative new functionality.
Office 2019 is (currently) the latest version of the “traditional” Office suite, after Office 2016. It is sold as a one-time purchase, with a single prepayment for a PC or Mac, and you can stay forever. Office 2019 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and is Valid for home or business use. There is no option to upgrade when the next version is released, you will need to purchase it at full price.
Although Office 2019 users do not receive features updates, they will receive frequent stability and security updates, in addition to 5 years of conventional support.
- You pay only once and it’s yours forever. If all you need is Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, it will be much cheaper, in the long run, to have the license and not sign up. For example, Office 2019 Home & Business currently costs USD 249.99. If you compare this to Office 365 Home (which is one of the cheapest Office 365 subscription plans.), It costs 10.00 USD/month (If you only want to confirm one month at a time). That means, after two years, you’ve covered the cost of Office 2019 – and it’s yours forever.
- If you are not using Microsoft services for email, collaboration, and communications, cloud storage, etc. and all you want are the “traditional” Office applications on your PC’s or Mac’s, Office 2019(office.com/setup) is a better option, as it is not so rigid.
- You don’t have to worry about continually training your employees on new features, as feature updates are not provided.
Where is my Office Product key?
If you have purchased an Office product from a local store, You will have your Product key in or on the product retail package. If you have purchased Office online, your product key will be in the email associated with your Office account. In some cases where your product is linked to your email. You won’t need a product key.
Can I use Office 2013 Product key?
Yes, If you use your Office 2013 Product key, your Office Account will have an Office 2013 Product added in the product list for you to download.
Can I Install Office without Product Key?
If you do not have a Product key and the Office you have purchased is linked to your Email account, you can install Office by directly logging into office.com/myaccount.
Where can I Setup Microsoft 365?
You can install Microsoft 365 directly from www.microsoft365.com/setup and all the other steps are same for Microsoft 365.
Troubleshooting Office errors
You can easily troubleshoot Office errors by searching the Office Error code, commonly in 0X0000 Format at support.office.com. This will show all the possible solutions for Office errors and ways to guide you through Office error removal and how to eliminate it.
Use Microsoft Office without a Subscription
You do not need to purchase Microsoft Office, You can use it for free online and on your Mobile devices. To use it for free on your PC or Mac just go to office.com and Sign In to your Microsoft Account or Create a New Account. Once Signed in you will be able to use all the applications like Word, Powerpoint, Excel online. You can also upload and download the documents. Office is also free for Smartphones and tablets.
Is Installation Required?
Installation is required if you want to install Office on your device. If you are running a cloud version of Microsoft Office, you can always use it online with your browser or the web app.
If you want to run the Cloud version of Microsoft Office, logging in to the online version is sufficient, you do not need to install Office on your desktop.
Since the release of Office in 1988, the software has been a companion for many users. Businesses over the world use Office to perform presentable and professional work. Whenever the result is flawless, you may assume it’s done with Microsoft office.
Reset your Office Password
It is simple to reset your password if you have forgotten your password.
- Go-to www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup.
- Click Sign In.
- On the bottom right, click forgot password.
- Follow the verification of your Account and reset your password.
Change Billing for Microsoft 365
If you want to make changes to the billing settings of your Office account, you can easily do so by visiting your Microsoft Account or simply go to www.office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.
- Go to My Account, click on the tab Billings.
- Here you will find your existing billing details.
- Make changes to your payment method.
- You can add new cards for payment and change billing details too.
What is www.office.com/myaccount?
My Account or www.office.com/myaccount is a microsite that helps you manage your Office Account. You can manage your subscriptions and other things here without any hesitation these websites are secured and safe.
What is www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup?
office.com/setup or www.office.com/setup is a website or a microsite, designed and developed by the Microsoft Office team under www.office.com main site for Office software. This site is created to setup your Office software and to redeem your product. The website makes sure that your product is secure after you have purchased it.